2011/06/21

Should You Invest In Comic Books?

Comics were once thought of as "kids stuff," and that may have some truth. I started collecting comics as a kid. I remember all the great stories and artwork I enjoyed while growing up, but nowadays, comic books aren't just "kids stuff" anymore. Certain comics are becoming extremely valuable.

Should you invest in comic books? To answer this question, I have to tell you a short story. While growing up there was this extremely tiny comic shop in the town I grew up, and it was the only one in town. I remember seeing an Amazing Spider-Man #1 on the wall as well as an X-Men #1.

Both were in very good (VG) condition, no doubt. I remember specifically that the Amazing Spider-Man #1 was being sold for $800 and The X-Men #1 went around $300. I also remember back then how I tried to persuade my pops to buy them. Of course, he refused.

Now, I'm pretty sure to remind my dad that those very comics in the same condition are now valued at $3,000 and The X-Men #1 at $1700, and they will only continue to rise in value. When the new Overstreet Price Guide comes out next June. You'll see those values have once again increased.

Even now my dad agrees comic book investing can be quite profitable. With CGC grading and the new technologies in digital arts to make comic movies possible, record setting sales have been set for various rare comic books.

Action Comics #1 sold for 1.5 million in early 2010, beating it's old record of $1 million and the new record of $1, 075,00 set by an 8.0 CGC graded Detective Comics #27, the very first appearance of Batman.

To further that comic books are a gold mine, this year saw a CGC graded 9.6 Amazing Fantasy #15 (1st appearance of Spider-Man) sold for $1.1 million!

However, let's come back down, shall we? I mean, how many of us have that much cash to get those pedigree "Holy Grails" of comics. I don't know about you, but I don't. You may not either, but this doesn't mean that you can't make some great investment choices in comics to profit from.

I've been collecting and investing in comics for 15 years, and have always made great profits from them. I'm no millionaire, but comic investing can be profitable if you know how to make the right investment choices, which comic issues to invest in, where to buy, and where to sell them.

Still think comic books are just for kids? If you don't and want to learn more on how to make the right choices in investing in comics, visit my blog below by clicking the link, and you'll learn exactly what comics are hot investments right now and why you should invest in comic books


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment